APG Polytech – Sharon Center
The position is based in the Polyester R&D Center of APG Polytech, LLC (Far Eastern-New Century) in Sharon Center, Ohio. The Analytical Test Lab Technician position is responsible for carrying out standard testing on polymers, chemicals, and raw materials in support of R&D projects and business activities of APG Polytech. This position needs someone with critical thinking skills who can work on assigned tasks with minimal supervision, and has an entry level to intermediate level of knowledge.
The duties associated with this position include:
- Being part of a team of scientists and engineers working to solve problems, develop new products and processes, and supporting the polyester business unit or customer needs.
- Provide laboratory support for polymer and chemical R&D projects, the on-site pilot plant facilities, analysis of customer samples as requested by Technical Service, and some testing of specialty polymers production.
- Performs general lab operations and conducts standard instrumental and wet chemical lab tests on polymers using established methods.
- Maintains instrumentation and equipment.
- Able to work within a LIMS environment.
- Entry of samples and data into a LIMS system (Lab Information Management System).
- Analytical shift work support for the on-site pilot plant when it is in operation.
- Observe organizational Environmental, Health and Safety policies for lab safety, industrial hygiene, and personal protective equipment.
- Minimum is an Associate’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or a related technical discipline. (1-3 years of hands on industrial lab experience in a wet or analytical chemistry laboratory).
- Must have a high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Must be able to do shift work to support the Pilot Plant when it is in operation.
- Must be able to work overtime and work late occasionally.
- Good organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a multicultural team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel and Word.
- Previous analytical experience with PET (polyethylene terephthalate), polyesters, polymers, and/or organic chemicals is a plus.
- Experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, and calibrating laboratory equipment is a plus.
Send resumes to: email@example.com