APG Polytech – Sharon Center
SHC Technical Center – Development & Technical Service Engineer
This position is based in the Polyester R&D Center of APG Polytech, LLC (Far Eastern-New Century) in Sharon Center, Ohio. It will involve interfacing with manufacturing, technical service, customers, and equipment vendors.
The primary role of the position will be to oversee the Applications Lab at the APG Polytech Polyester R&D Center in Sharon Center, Ohio. The duties associated with this position include:
- Scheduling of resources and equipment time for the execution of programs regarding the improvement of existing products and the development of new products for existing and new markets for APG Polytech Polyester resins.
- Design and oversight of development programs that may include, in addition to Applications work, resin synthesis, analytical testing, and physical testing.
- Testing of samples from customers as requested by Technical Service.
- Testing of resin samples from APG Polytech production facilities.
- Joint development programs with customers.
- Oversight of the Applications Equipment maintenance, upgrades, operating procedures, and procurement of new tooling and accessory equipment.
- Assistance to APG Polytech Technical Service and Sales to resolve customer issues.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, or Polymer Science
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Working knowledge of the injection molding, blow molding, and extrusion of polymers either through manufacturing, technical service, or work experience with injection molding and blow molding equipment manufacturers. Some specific experience with PET is desired.
- Knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Good organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Project management and data analysis skills.
- Mechanical aptitude relevant to troubleshooting equipment issues and determining corrective actions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or with others in cross functional groups to achieve project goals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Good personal skills with regards to interfacing with customers, vendors, and end users.
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural team.
- Proficient in reading, writing and speaking the English language.
- Domestic and international travel may sometimes be required.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org