Medina County Health Department – Medina County
Posted Date: June 24, 2020 Posting Close Date: Until Filled
Position: Dental Services Supervisor
Employment Status: Non-Exempt, Full time (40 hrs/wk)
Wage: Hourly, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Medina County Health Department, a nationally accredited health department, has a full-time
opening for a Dental Services Supervisor to oversee a team of dental assistants and
administer, maintain, and expand dental programming in a Federally Qualified Health Center
(FQHC) setting. The position is involved in quality improvement activities related to patient care,
process efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
General Qualifications (including but not limited to):
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or related field. Minimum two years related
experience. Proficient in a current version of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Experience in dental practice management a plus.
Essential Functions of the Position include but are not limited to:
- Assures dental clinical records are held in compliance with agency confidentiality and HIPPA guidelines.
- Supervises clinical staff including hiring, orientation, and performance evaluation, disciplinary processes, revision/update of position descriptions, staff scheduling and staff development.
- Assures all necessary operational supplies and equipment essential to operations of dental services are in place. Maintains inventory control measures.
- Keeps current with technological advances and workplace innovations that support job functions.
- Works collaboratively with Health Center team members to assure availability, scheduling, and assignment of clinical staff for both routine and special programming.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Ability to problem solve and strategize to assure optimal, cost-effective operations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants will apply by completing the Medina County Health Department Employment Application located on our website at www.medinahealth.org. Print out the application, complete it and send it along with a current resume with cover letter to: Human Resources, Medina County Health Department, 4800 Ledgewood Drive, Medina, Ohio 44256; or fax to (330) 723-9659; or e-mail to email@example.com. EOE