Medina County Health Department – Medina
Posted Date: November 18, 2018 Posting Close Date: Until Filled
Position: Licensed Independent Social Worker- Medina/Wadsworth
Employment Status: Non-Exempt, Full time (40 hrs/wk)
Wage: Hourly, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
General Qualifications (including but not limited to):
Masters Degree in Social Work required. Licensed by the State of Ohio as a Licensed Independent Social Worker. Outstanding oral and written communications and public speaking skills required. Excellent computer skills with the ability to quickly adapt and become proficient using multiple software and cloud applications required. Community-based case management and training experience preferred. Experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center of similar setting preferred. Spanish speaking a plus. Certified Application Counselor preferred or achieve certification within 30 days of training.
Essential Functions of the Position include but are not limited to:
- Provides diagnostic evaluation, and individual, family and crisis psychotherapy.
- Provides high quality case management for clients and their families by assisting them to access medical services, health insurance, and other resources and services to improve health outcomes, housing stability, and employment and income attainment.
- Provides outreach, education and referrals to community residents who lack access to healthcare and health insurance.
- Provides Medicaid enrollment and application follow-up assistance and awareness of available Qualified Health Plans within the federal marketplace.
- Builds and/or strengthen enrollment collaborations with local partner organizations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants will apply by completing the Medina County Health Department Employment Application located on our website at www.medinahealth.org and send it along with a current resume with cover letter to: Human Resources, Medina County Health Department, 4800 Ledgewood Drive, Medina, Ohio 44256; or fax to (330) 723-9659; or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE