Climax Portable Machine Tools/H&S Tool – Wadsworth
Customer Service Representative
Climax Portable Machine Tools/H&S Tool
To help our customers do their work better, faster, safer, and more cost-effectively by bringing the most innovative, highest-quality portable machining, welding, and testing tools right to the job!
Deliver an outrageously good customer experience – every interaction, everywhere, every time!
Have fun doing it!
Core Competencies for All Employees: Honesty, Integrity & Ethical Behavior; Teamwork; Ownership, Accountability & Results-Orientation; Customer Focus; Safety, Quality & Continuous Improvement Focus; Global Perspective; Innovative Spirit; Adaptive & Resilient. Managerial Competencies (in addition to the above): Performance Management & Developing Others; Strategic Vision & Change Agency; Business Acumen; Organizational Excellence.
Responds to customer requests for parts & service along with entering sales orders in the ERP system. Assists customer in application and machine selection process. Provides administrative support to Climax’s warranty repair, post-warranty repair, and rental refurbishment functions. Uses superior customer-oriented etiquette and technical expertise to promote intimate customer relationships and expand sales opportunities whenever possible.
- Accept and respond to customer requests for parts and service while providing outrageously good customer service
- Work with customers on machine selection and application concerns
- Process customer orders; coordinate activity with sales representatives, verify order accuracy, monitor for updates, changes, etc.; conduct follow up on open orders, backorders, ship dates, etc.; determine freight arrangements with customers
- Evaluate customer accounts for valid credit
- Assist Repair Techs with warranty service claims, including interfacing with customers
- Follow up on pertinent customer needs in a timely fashion
- Maintain current knowledge of company products specifications and applications
- Work with sales and distributors to ensure proper machine configuration for rental orders
- Prepare sales invoices, export documentation and related materials; generate shipping documents; maintain sales order files; deliver documents to shipping department as needed
- Maintain customer data files in the Intuitive and SalesForce databases
- Document all customer communication regarding quotes, sales orders, or service inquiries in SalesForce
- Bill freight charges to customers
- Contact customers about billing questions
- Work with accounting to resolve billing issues
- Assist with improvement projects for rentals, repair, parts projects
- Assist in training team members in Parts / Service operations of the business
- Support team members by assisting with overflow telephone calls
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, copying, sorting and distributing mail.
- Handle stress in a professional manner; demonstrate the ability to get along with others; demonstrate successful attendance and punctuality; work overtime / extra hours as required to meet business needs
- Train and mentor others of less skill and/or experience
- May occasionally travel, primarily in the local area
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in Business Administration or related field
- Strong phone customer service and technical skills
- Excellent multitasking ability
- One to three years of experience working with dedicated external customers in a global manufacturing industry
- Demonstrated use and knowledge of a CRM, preferably with SalesForce.Com
The following are a plus:
- Customer Service Experience via phone
- Shipping Experience