Country Life Kids Camp – Medina
Country Life Kids Camp is seeking an Athletics Educator / Co-Coordinator
Please apply if you are within a 30-minute drive to Medina! Only local candidates will be considered
Camp mission and philosophy
Country Life Kids Camp (CLKC) is a unique day camp which offers sports instruction, athletic performance training, team building challenges, hands-on science activities, a Young Naturalist Program, academic enrichment and good old- fashioned summer camp fun rolled into one! The camp is located in Medina, Ohio and instructs campers aged 6 through 13 years old.
The mission of CLKC is to prepare our youth for the future by instilling in them character, values, leadership, and a moral compass by which to lead their lives. Focus is on the development of the whole person and is encouraged through a supportive atmosphere of academic excellence, athletic achievement, and a variety of core character beliefs that support what the children are learning at home and at school. The expectation is that each staff member is invested in the continued development and the wellbeing of each camper. CLKC Director and staff are highly committed to teaching the core values – respect, responsibility, honesty and caring. Safety and appropriate supervision are essential components of our program. Staff are carefully selected from a rigorously screened group and are trained extensively.
Athletics Educator / Co-Coordinator overview
CLKC is seeking to fill this critical position to join the CLKC team.
The Athletics Educator / Co-Coordinator is a team member within the Camp’s Instructional Sports fitness track. He/she is highly collaborative and committed to excellence in his or her daily performance. The Athletics Educator / Co-Coordinator will also interact with, and occasionally direct, a team of Counselors, SIT Trainees and CCIT Trainees, for creating a unique and exceptional learning experiences for CLKC campers. In addition, the Athletics Educator / Co-Coordinator’s responsibilities would include central roles in organizing field events and athletic events.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, high energy, enthusiastic, and passionate about creating a cooperative hands-on learning atmosphere that engages the campers in learning while having FUN! The successful candidate must possess strong leadership skills. S/he must have a strong background in education, and excellent organizational, writing and communicational skills.
Specific educational responsibilities include-
- Working collaboratively Coordinators to manage and lead junior staff and trainees to understand and collaborate on learning goals
- Understanding of overall classroom management, executing program planning, and project coordination
- Facilitating instruction and age-appropriate activities/instruction across all CLKC Instructional Sports fitness track
- Planning and coordinating resources for activities
- Participating in relevant or required training / professional development opportunities
Administrative and organizational responsibilities include-
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to quickly respond to emergency situations
- Ensuring order by implementing disciplinary action based on CLKC policy and procedures
- Attending all CLKC’s orientation and trainings (Open House event, orientation, safety and compliance)
- Upholding all CLKC policies and philosophy, and utilizing CLKC goals and objectives as a basis for working with one and all
- Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Camp Director
- Ability to be highly professional as well as flexible, adaptable, collaborative, approachable and outgoing; able to speak to large crowds of campers and parents, sometimes in groups up to 75 people
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion
- Strong work ethic and project management skills
- Commitment to CLKC’s discipline, safety and emergency procedures
- Classroom management skills, and interest in working with children are necessary assets
- Ability to pass program certifications (i.e., First Aid, CPR); current certification in First Aid and CPR
- Able to lift/move up to 50 pounds and stand or walk for long periods of time
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Successful completion of criminal background check process
- Bachelor’s Degree, or progressing towards a degree, in a field of Education, Athletics, or Coaching; or equivalent experience teaching/coaching in formal or informal settings such as tutoring, after school programs, Sunday school and other non-traditional teaching environments
This is a 1099 paid sub-contractor position and pay rate will be negotiated with the Director.
To apply: Submit application and other materials to: Country Life Kids Camp, 7003 West Smith Rd. Medina, Ohio 44256 or email tina@countrylifekidscamp,com