Medina County Health Department – Medina
Medina County Health Department
Position: Custodian, Maintenance, and Logistics Support Specialist
Posting Dates: OPEN May 5, 2021 CLOSE: Until Filled
Employment Status: Full time or Part time
The Medina County Health Department, a nationally accredited health department, has a career opportunity for a full time (40 hours per week) or part time Custodian, Maintenance, and Logistics Support Specialist.
General Qualifications (including but not limited to):
High School Diploma or equivalent. Experience in custodial work processes, safety, and minor maintenance required. Post-secondary training in a trade is desirable.
Provides technical expertise and manual labor to perform custodial and minor maintenance duties to protect and preserve the health department facility, grounds, equipment, and furnishings. Provides logistical support loading/unloading supplies and equipment, and transporting equipment and supplies as needed. Keeps supervisor informed about emerging issues and safety concerns.
Essential Functions of the Position (Include but are not limited to):
- Monitors building conditions for potential problems and safety issues.
- Picks up, loads, unloads, sets up, and delivers equipment, materials, and other supplies to different locations.
- Removes snow, ice, and debris along sidewalks, entryways, and other areas.
- Performs minor grounds keeping duties.
- Collects and removes trash daily and sanitizes trash receptacles.
- Washes, strips, and waxes floors. Vacuums and cleans carpets. Sanitizes and resupplies toilet rooms.
- Cleans, sanitizes and dusts furniture, fixtures, walls, and windows.
- Maintains department vehicles and regularly performs safety inspections.
How to Apply
Interested applicants will apply by completing the Medina County Health Department Employment Application located on our website at www.medinahealth.org. Print out the application, complete it and send it to: Human Resources, Medina County Health Department, 4800 Ledgewood Drive, Medina, Ohio 44256; or fax to (330) 723-9659; or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE