Aegion – Medina
Corrpro is seeking qualified candidates with basic electrical or tower climbing experience for an entry-level position as a Field Technician for our Waterworks Division Team. We have opportunities based in our Medina, Ohio and Conyers, Georgina office.
This position offers a signing bonus of $2,000 and relocation assistance to those not residing in the local area. This is an essential services position and offers full-time, long-term employment with full benefits with a company that has a 71-year track record of keeping their employees busy on a year-round basis.
Corrpro, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is a corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies.
As a Technician, you will work as a part of a 2- or 3-man crew installing and servicing cathodic protection systems onto water storage tanks. Cathodic Protection is a means of preventing corrosion utilizing a low voltage DC current. You will be working on both elevated tanks, as well as, ground storage reservoirs.
Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Installation and service maintenance of cathodic protection (corrosion control) systems on municipal and industrial water storage tanks and towers (these are above-ground, steel water storage tanks and towers, up to the height of 200 feet or more)
- Installation of conduit, junction boxes, pulling wires, splicing wires, reading basic drawings and general service maintenance work
- Understand and follow company’s safety policies and procedures
- Daily completion of field safety assessments
- Document activities on Daily Field Reports (handwritten)
- Other duties as assigned
Interested parties should apply by emailing your hourly pay requirements and updated copy of resume to email@example.com. Or you may apply online at Field Technician in Medina, Ohio | Careers at Corrpro (icims.com).
Minimal Job Requirements:
This position requires out of town travel, Monday through Friday with most weekends spent at home. Projects are, primarily, located in the Midwest & Northeast United States. Our crews average more than 50 hours per week.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clear record